The new service, SageMaker Data Wrangler, was announced during Andy Jessy’s 2020 re:Invent Keynote. Incorporated into AWS SageMaker, this tool simplifies the data preparation workflow so the entire process can be done from one central interface.
Why is it important?
- SageMaker Data Wrangler contains over 300 built-in data transformations to normalize, transform, and combine features without having to write any code.
- With SageMaker Data Wrangler’s visualization templates, transformations can be previewed and inspected in Amazon SageMaker Studio.
- Data can be collected from multiple data sources and imported in one single go for data transformations.
- Data can be in various file formats, such as CSV files, Parquet files, and database tables.
- Data preparation workflow can be exported to a notebook or a code script for Amazon SageMaker pipeline or future use.
Why We’re Excited
SageMaker Data wrangler makes it easier for data scientists to prepare data for machine learning training using existing pre-loaded data preparation options. With preparation completed more quickly, our data science teams can accelerate the delivery of solutions to clients at a much faster pace.
If you’re looking to explore these services further and need some guidance, let us know and we’ll connect you to an Idexcel expert!