As technologies are gaining momentums by each passing day, there is a growing demand of developers having strong commands in programming languages worldwide. Web programmers and developers should stay current with the newer emerging programming languages and stay competitive always in the market. Presenting to you top 10 programming languages that you should keep yourself updated with.
Java is currently ruling the list of top 10 programming languages to learn with No. 1 position due to its usability in mobile based applications, creating desktop applications, enterprise level purpose and establishing Android apps in tablets and smart phones.
Beginners’ friendly Java is simple to use, easier to maintain, shows optimized performance and faster to deploy. It is the third most demanding language in Angel list as top tech giants like Google and Amazon use Java to develop backend of their websites.
The interest learning of Java in 2015 grew by 22.4% implying it is being adopted by new blood and is going to stay here for years to come!
80% of top 10 million websites uses PHP. PHP is designed for the web and “Facebook” stands the best example!
5 reasons that make PHP as the favourite pick for leading companies worldwide are:
• Results faster site loading
• It is an open source programming language, hence less expensive
• It requires a LINUX server to run which is easily available through various hosting providers, hence less expensive to host too!
• It supports all major databases.
• Websites built with PHP are easy to customize.
Given that PHP is so widely being adopted globally, the career prospects of a PHP developer are bright! If you a programmer, looking to fuel your wings and warm up your bank account, PHP is the language for you!
• It is easy to pick up as it is higher level language which means it shields the complex details of the machine.
Python is a general purpose language meaning it can be used to build anything. It is made easy with its line of right tools and expansive library.
It finds more utilization in backend web development, artificial intelligence, and scientific computing and data analysis. Productivity tools, video games and desktop apps are also built using Python.
Why Python is developers delight? Few points to advocate:
• It’s easy to understand
• Being a dynamically typed language, Python is highly flexible.
• It is 4th most used language in GitHub
• 4th most popular language in TIOBE index.
Objective – C:
C is the mother of all languages. Since the time C compilers fell into the hands of experts, innovations took flight! Compared to other programming languages like COBOL and FORTRAN, C offers more efficiency and performance.
How C empowers the technology world?
• Microsoft Kernel is C coded.
• Linux is mostly written in C.
• Mac Computers operates on C. The OS X kernel is written in C due to which every program and driver in Mac runs on C.
• iOS, Windows and Android Kernels are developed with C.
• World’s leading databases Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL and PostgreSQL are coded in C.
• 3D movies are developed using applications written in C and C++.
If you want to build native iOS or Mac OS apps, you need to learn Swift. Native apps outperform cross platform hybrid apps while the built-in SpriteKit makes 2d game building ever easier with Swift.
Inspired by Python and Ruby, Swift is beginner’s choice which helps in terms of motivation. Few perks of Swift:
• It is a statistically typed language where xCode checks error prior to building of app, implying it being easier to track down.
• It is faster than dynamically typed language ensuring efficient app executing without wastage of phone memories.
• Swift uses Automatic Reference Counting (ARC) which track and manage app memory in real time ensuring not much memory space is eaten up.
Ruby is a very high level language meaning it abstracts away – it handles for you! It helps you develop anything from scratch faster with less lines of code.
Why should Ruby be your ultimate pick?
• It was designed to make programming fun. It reads English making it highly easy to get started with for beginners.
• It is a dynamically typed language and hence it doesn’t have any hard rules on building features. It is, thus, highly flexible and forgiving of errors meaning you still will be able to run your program before hitting the error code.
• It is 3rd most tagged language in GitHub.